The Band “People on Vacation” Arrive With
“The Carry On EP”
Bowling for Soup front man Jaret Reddick has a new band with Smile Smile’s Ryan Hamilton. Not sure what to expect after years of Bowling for Soup fandom, we gave it a listen and so should you. The smooth vocals and guitar are the perfect chaser to the pop-punk sounds of BFS and the pair nicely with the Folk Pop sound of Smile Smile. The vocals are brilliant and really soar when in harmony. Jaret’s falsetto syncs brilliantly with Ryan’s leads, and Ryan adds subtle layers when Jaret takes leads.
Two musicians providing a master class in harmonics-which is becoming a lost art. The brilliant “Where Do We Go” tackles heavy questions but also provides perfect examples of the brilliance of their collaboration. We look forward to hearing more from these Texas boys soon, hopefully a full length album to go with their brilliant EP. In the mean time, feel free to enjoy their excellent cover of Demi Lovato’s “Give Your Heart a Break.”
Three Cool Facts About The Band Called People on Vacation
1. Jaret Reddick is the voice of Danny from “Love Handel” on Disney’s Phineas and Ferb. Bowling for Soup performs the show’s theme song.
2. Jaret became the voice of Chuck E. Cheese in 2012
3. The Smile Smile song “Sad Song”, which was on their self released album Blue Roses was nominated for Best Folk Song in the Los Angeles Independent Music Awards and the band was nominated for Best USA Artist in the Toronto Independent Music Awards in 2008.
Where You Can Purchase “The Carry On EP” By The Band “People On Vacation”
The Clearing is an album recorded mostly in Bon Iver’s studio, engineered in turn by Brian Joseph, and Bowerbirds succeed in showcasing similar skillsets and tenor while proving more accessible. As a whole, the album feels like a warm hug intended for anyone having an incredibly rough string of days…
Dry the River churn out deliciously melodic tunes on Shallow Bed.
Violinst Will Harvey provides beautiful texture to the strum-and-sing-along work of vocalist Peter Liddle and guitarist Matt Taylor.
3 Cool Facts about Dry The River
1. Surprisingly, given their mellow melodic style, all band members come from punk and hardcore backgrounds. (source)
2. Shallow Bed was produced by Peter Katis and recorded in Tarquin Studios, located in his home in Brideport, Connecticut. Aside from producing rockstars like Oneida and The National, Katis is a founding member of the band The Zambonis. The Zambonis play exclusively hockey songs! (source)
3. Violinst Will Harvey joined Dry The River because he hated the idea that playing a classical instrument meant he had to play classical music. (source)
Stream Shallow Bed by Dry the River, for free, here: